Monday, May 17, 2010

Cornish (courtney's) BFA Show 2010

MY SISTER GRADUATED FROM CORNISH!!! YAY! I am so proud of her and how her art and vision has evolved over the years. She is SO amazingly talented and I love her eye for simple meaningful moments in our lives and being able to capture them.
Her Show was Friday night May 14th, 2010. Elizabeth and I decided to take a trip to Isushi and chat until it was time to go, it was a fun date. we were able to chat one on one which is unusual since we usually have kids all around. The Show was in Seattle at the schools studios, which is just a building with 3 wall spaces for "studios". They transformed them all into a beautiful gallery setting, upstairs the walls were light blue, white and grey, downstairs was same, but then in an offshoot room was the "black room". It was THE place to be showing, it was the most gallery like of the whole place and very professional and nice looking. Court was in the further end of the room. Since it was black and anything besides the art was not well lit, it was quite hard to get a good photo of people. I managed to get some blurry ones, so you'll be able to get the feel of her space. here's the best one I could manage of her in her space.


Here's her pricing list, comment book and business cards. Also a sculpture piece (camera with moss) which I love and am VERY tempted to purchase:



This is the best photo I could get of her whole space:




Here's me checkin out the light table she built:



some cool peeps:



This piece was done with smoke on paper. Pretty amazing up close.



This piece was made up of tons of different angles of people's bodies.



these drawings are made of just graphite pencil on paper, and they're about as tall as bright is. really awesome.



besides court's stuff this might be one of my favorite pieces in the whole show.



Even Jim showed up!



My final sentiments:

No comments: