Monday, October 18, 2010

calvin, is that you?

So Bright is on the very edge of being able to read whatever word is in front of him. he has a little ways to go, but still, he's a big boy! on one hand I want him to be able to read, on the other, I know it will mean I have ANOTHER max on my hands. all that means is, he'll pick up a book and I won't see him for days or until the book is finished. I am excited for that stage of Bright's life, and know that it will mean I won't be asked to play legos nearly as much. Anyway, he's been "reading" a lot of calvin and hobbes. he'll pick out words like "oh no!" and "AAAAAACCCKKK!" or things of that nature and he's pretty good at being able to tell what's going on in the comic just by looking at the pictures. oh, and it's about a boy with a HUGE imagination. Sound like a little boy you know? the similarities between my first born and calvin are endless.

Case in point:




If you look closely you can see on his Mayflower box he's written almost exactly what Calvin has written and in the same "font".
he was reading the comic strip and really thought it would be a good day to serve the public his special brew (aka, lemonade).
I may start reading more calvin in hopes to better understand what it is in my sweet boy that makes him snuggle me one second, and rumble down the hallway as a roaring monster truck, the next.

No comments: