Wednesday, February 25, 2009

new friends

I decided to brave the 1 degree weather (and max's rear wheel drive car) with the boys today for a trip to the indoor play area at the mall. we stopped by the pet store first and looked at the cute little boston terrier puppies, too bad I didnt wear my big coat or one of those little guys would have stowed away! Asher was squeeling with delight as the puppy licked his tasty fingers. bright loved snuggling it but DID NOT want it licking or trying to lick him! then on to the play area. I saw that the oly other family in the play area was a family that we frequently sit by in church and see at Awana during the week, but have never acually "met". needless to say we met and talked for abut an hour about our families and a mutual hatred of the current weather situation in GF. bitter cold, snow, ice terrible driving and bundling up kids just for short errand trips. She's from puerto rico and misses it, but really likes the military life though they are not currently active duty(both she and husband are former active duty air force). she invited me to lunch, and though i knew it was dangerously close ashers nap time and a meltdown was imminent, i agreed. she was so kind and giggled at all my attempts to be funny, so polite of her. her name is joyce. she has twin 3 year old girls and a 5 year old girl. the kids all got along well and her and i talked as if we'd known eachother for a long time. it really feels great when that happens, like God placed her in the mall just for me. It has been an ongoing prayer of mine, with each move, that I find fun godly women to be friends with. sometimes it takes some time but I really feel like I have a good group now.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

what a nice day you had. even though it was a hassle to get bundled it was so worth it. lala