Sunday, February 14, 2010

MONSTER TRUUUUUCKS!!


Bright is in love, with monster trucks. His first love is Thomas, and all things automobile related. But when it comes to trucks, Monster trucks rule. I mean, it was like a natural thing; one day when he was nearly 2, we saw a book at the library and he was instantly drawn to it. From then on it was a love affair, talking about them playing with them, making the hot wheels get smashed by them. It seems he (and most boys I think) was hard wired to like them. For me, I don't see the draw, big truck HUGE tires, ok but not a big deal. Where's my nail polish and USweekly?

When he had just turned 4 we saw a show advertised, but I was still nervous to take him. I knew it would be loud, and I was worried we would spend lots of money and he'd want to leave just after it started ( a' la circus show 2008 where he got worried with all the people around). This year I felt he was old enough to be SO excited and into it, that it would over shadow his fear of the crowds or nervousness with the potentially rowdy crowd. Now Max and I had originally wanted to make this a family outing, but then somehow the Air Force got involved. So it soon became a "date night" for me and Bright. we went to Dinner and had onion rings (his request) and chicken and BBQ sauce. I later realized the dinner we had was ALL too fitting for the evening we were about to experience.
I dropped of Asher at the neighbors house and Bub and I headed out. The venue was only about 5 mins from our house, wich was perfect since it started pretty late. There were a lot of kids there, but WAY more adults than I expected. we sat next to your typical Monster truck patron: older man, lots of hair, hell's angels type, double fisting coors next to his old bar fly "gal". To complete the look: leather vest, black jeans and "vest" t-shirt dispite the sub zero temps outside. So I decided to get into character as the bubbly ex cheerleader mom, how could he hurt me then? He, of course could not be more nice or quiet.
Bright was so into all the things happeing down on the track. We got there with enough time to find our seats and sit for about 10 mins before the show started, any earlier than that and it would have been miserable (for me) since he asked when it would start aabout 1,000 times. just before the show we bought some Dippin' Dots Ice Cream (freeze dried) and a big foot t-shirt. Bub said it was the best thing he's ever seen.
once the show started he was very quiet and just took it all in. which I know as a very good sign. it means he's soaking it all up. we stayed and watched until intermission (9pm) and then left. here's a few highlights:

BIG FOOT!!


the cutie pie wore his ear muffs the whole night, he was so excited to go he wore them in the car on the way to the show :)



here's one from the wheelie contest:

No comments: