Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of july!

WE had a nice mellow Fourth. We spent the morning working in the garden, stopped in Issaquah for a festival, shopped for dinner items, then it was firework time! Just my parents and my sisters were here and we all had a yummy dinner outside, which the boys just think is the coolest thing ever. I promised Bright that we would do fireworks in the dark AFTER Asher had already gone to bed, and then he could sleep with me in my bed. On the 3rd, he asked me : "Is tomorrow the firework and snuggle in your bed day?" so sweet. I got some really cute pictures thanks to my personal photographer (a.k.a Coco). I think the best part was experiencing the fireworks through bright. It was the first time fireworks and the 4th made sense to him. he kept saying "YAAAAAAAY!" after each firework. we did tons of sparklers, stobe lights, a ground hog,smoke bombs and some bees. Bright loved the groundhog and the sparklers the best. Then when we went to bed he said, "I just don't want this day to be not here." of course I loved the nice snuggle too.

At the 4th festival in issaquah it was not really much of a 4th celebration as much as a train station/frontier life thingy for kids. The kids checked in and got a passport which was stamped at each activity station. There was a butter making station, dress up, train logging, shingle making, mining, and laundry station.
bright did all the stations and got his little passport stamped. The best station was when we got to ride a push cart on the railroad track. bright took it very seriously. he had a great time. Just me and him, asher was with grandma!

buter making



SNAKES!!!



"YAAAAAAAY! YAY FOR THE NORTHWEST!!!" not sure why he said it, but he wanted us to know!


Us with sparklers, I love this pic!


Some cool shots taken by coco.




This picture sums up the night. A great photo of what "home" feels like to me. The moon was particularly amazing. The sparklers were VERY sparkly.

No comments: