Sunday, July 26, 2009

lately

So, we have been busy lately. The last couple of weeks here is always full of last minute hang outs and events. I am really going to miss the end of summer here in WA, my favorite part of summer here is august and september, the cool evenings and hot days of river swimming. here are some of our latest photos.

We have a small kiddy pool in my parents back yard, bright does not always want to wear his swim shorts so he will just wear undies. this photo is of him, post swim and working on the house with grandpa. he's also accessorized it a bit. I think the dirty mouth is just super, but it's the pose that has me laughing. me: "bub, can you smell the flowers behind you and I will take your picture?" him: "but mama, I want to stand like this." and then he poses like this:


here he is posing again. my dad and I were trying to figure out what he was trying to express by this pose. I kept taking photos expecting him to change it up, but we have about 10 pics of him like this. he must have thought the look was working!


this one is just too cute to not post. he's running to catch up to grampa, with backwards undies.


Today we had a church picnic, and it was painfully hot. we stayed as long as we could stand it. the food was good, and so was the company however there was no hiding from the sun. Bub and I did find a nice place to play. he's loving tire swings lately.


About a week ago we found this amazing spot on the river. we stopped on the side of a bridge and walked down to the shore. the water that we initially came upon was pretty deep, though it had a sandy shore. Courtney and I decided to wade up the river (under the bridge) with the boys and my precious camera in the backpack. it looked like there was a perfect shallow spot about 100yds away. BAD IDEA! the river looked as though it got shallower as it flowed under the bridge, so we thought we could stay close to shore and just carry the boys. the bottom was deep with mud about up to our ankles, which made for a s-l-o-w walk. Also, the water was waist to chest deep. but we were so close! finally, after deliberation (do we go back?)we made it under the bridge and to the rocky side. it was perfect. a small creek broke off from the main river flow and created a large island in the river. the creek was great for the boys to play in with shallow water and sand for walking around on.

here you can see the bridge in the background. we parked on the other side and waded under the bridge to this spot. the "creek" that broke from the main river flow is to the left, Asher and I are sitting in it.


we caught a fish.


Here is another part of the river off shoot.


The boys. Asher pretty much just stood there the whole time unless I was holding him and dipping his legs in the water. he was pretty nervous around the water.


Bright was wading out to Coco, but decided against it, shortly after this he slipped on a rock and went totally under! when he came up he was shocked but coco and I just cheered and made it out to be the most awesome thing ever, and instead of feeling scared he ended up feeling really proud of himself. "that was really crazy! did you get a picture of it mama?" no. it's because as I saw it I freaked and ran toward him, so there is no photo evidence. sorry bub.


the cozy car ride home.

No comments: