Friday, July 17, 2009

speaking of small/furry/cute animals.....

we were at Twin falls yesterday. It's rapidly becoming Brighton's favorite place to go on a hot day. we hike a bit then stop on the side and play in the water. while the boys were throwing rocks I noticed an infant rodent of some sort. since it was small, cute, furry and only a baby of whatever it was, I thought it was cute. had it been in it's adult form, I probably would have screamed and ran the heck outta there. since it wasn't I photographed the thing, and showed the boys. we still don't know what it is.


it's eyes are still closed, so I think it was looking (smelling) for its nest. it just slowly bumbled about smelling things and trying to nurse twigs. sad. no mommy to be found. finally it found this place in the sun to cozy up in and snooze. it was all I could to to keep asher from grabbing it and kissing it.


Can you see where it is? we were pretty close to it.


here are the real stars of the show! my boys and I can really have a great time in the water! asher's fave was throwing rocks, bright liked sitting on the bigger rocks out in the water and finding creatures. Also, splashing is fun.


gettin sandy!


sweet little hikers! you were with us in spirit, honey. I know you would have loved sharing this day with us!


No comments: